In order for a business to stay successful, there has to be consistency. Whether you are a leader or a Designer, there are many reasons to make this happen. For leaders, a main reason to make this happen is to reach your downline pay each month and to make sure you are leading your team by example. For a Designer, this is what will make your business last and keeps the money rolling in! Here are a few tips on how I have made sure to never drop below that $500PV mark since my first full month with Origami Owl:
- Always wear our products. You are a walking billboard everywhere you go! Be sure to keep business cards, Take Out Menus (TOMs), and a way to jot down contact information with you at all times.
- Post on Facebook at least once every other day! I personally post every day, whether it be about the opportunity to join, host, or some of my favorite pairings. I use an app called Buffer that allows me to select what time I want my posts to be posted and I can load them all on my mobile device very easily. For me, as a mom of 3, this is FANTASTIC so that my chaotic life doesn’t get in the way of my business!
- With EVERY new supplement or TOM be sure to let everyone know when they come in and ask who wants one! I get them all mailed out ASAP and offer a small discount and free shipping if they e-mail me their order by a certain date! This is just one small way that I like to say “Thank You” to my loyal customers and I usually receive $200-$300 worth of orders by just doing this!
- Make sure you ALWAYS have something on your calendar. I’ve learned from my wonderful mentor, Senior Director Jennifer Lunsford, the 30, 60, 90 Rule. Whatever I do within the next 30 days affects my next 60-90 days. If I have nothing on my calendar for the next 30 days, I am in BIG trouble!
- If I happen to find myself in a spot where I do not have something within the next 30 days, I sit down and go through all past hostesses and customers to see who showed interest, but it just wasn’t the right time for them. I go through and e-mail, text, call, and/or Facebook Message these ladies and offer an in-home or online/catalog party. Even if I go away with no Jewelry Bars, I always end up with orders which is always a win in my book!
- Offer fundraisers. You are not only helping a great cause, you are reaching your personal PV goals and you are making many more connections that you would have never had otherwise.
- For designers, it is very important to reach the $99PV so that you are guaranteed to earn the Leads Pool payout! We pay $10 a month for our website (once The Nest re-implements this) and it is so very important to have our website for our Jewelry Bars to get extra outside orders. For the last 2 Leads Pool payouts, we received around $62. This amount then in turn basically pays for your website bundle!! How awesome is that?!?! Not to mention all the great deals The Nest has offered for online purchases that have earned us all a TON of money!! (Credit for this tip goes to Elizabeth Sanders)
- To reach your $99PV, break it down into smaller amounts. For example, if you sell 40 charms during the month, you are at $100PV. That is only selling 5 charms to 8 people, or 10 charms a week. Breaking it down into smaller, reachable goals makes the larger goal even more obtainable.
- My BIGGEST tip is to offer superior customer service. If you are just selling them the jewelry and never following up and making a relationship with them, someone else will. I make sure that all of my customers walk away knowing that I am there for them for any of their needs. I am not just an Origami Owl Designer that they bought from once. I am now their friend. I check in on them to see not just if they want more jewelry, but to see how life is going. When I see they had a major event in their life, I often mail them a charm that matches that event and it means the world to them. I am now the Designer that they will refer anyone and everyone to.