Christie Screws: In Memory of Matt
My name is Christie Screws and this is my locket story. My brother passed away in a tragic motorcycle accident on July 14, 2015. That day our lives were forever changed and our hearts were shattered. Matt was such a sweet sweet soul and too good for this world. Why else would he be taken away from us so soon? My sweet friend knew how close we were and offered to help me make a locket in his memory. Each charm has a dear meaning:
- Brother Heart: Matt is my precious brother.
- Angel Wings: I will forever have the most perfect guardian angel.
- 51: This was my dad’s football number that Matt took over when he started playing ball. Then it became his favorite number.
- Light Turquoise Stardust: Matt’s favorite place in the world was the beach. These stones represent the ocean.
- Plates: I Love You + Always: Because well, I will love him always.